He auditioned to the EXILE PERFORMER BATTLE AUDITION (to find a new performer for EXILE) but didn't make to the finals. He was announced as a candidate for THE RAMPAGE in April 2014 and became an official member in September of the same year.
Yamamoto Shogo was born on October 6, 1995, in Okayama Prefecture, Japan. He has an older sister.
When he was in the fourth grade of elementary school, he used to go to voice training. He describes singing EXILE's "EVOLUTION" with his sister as one of his first memories of performing. He also participated in a musical in his childhood.
He became interested in dance at the age of 10 after watching the music video for EXILE's "Choo Choo TRAIN" on TV and started dancing in junior high school. After learning the basics of dance, he improved his dance skills on his own and started working as a street dancer. Together with his sister (who is a dancer too) he formed a performance duo named "blood". They became well-known in their hometown and participated in local dance contests, were judges at contests themselves and dance teachers specialized in Hip-Hop too. At that time, Yamamoto's stage name was "show-5" and his sister's stage name was "rumi".
He continued his education at Kurashiki Technical High School which specializes in industrial fields such as mechanics and electrical engineering. In high school, he worked part-time at a restaurant and was in charge of kids' lessons at a dance school. In 2011, at the age of 16, he was selected as a back-up dancer for CHARICE at an open competition and appeared at several events and in one of her music videos. In early 2014, his third year of high school, he participated in the EXILE PERFORMER BATTLE AUDITION (to become a new member of EXILE) at the suggestion of his mother but didn't make it to the finals. In April of the same year, he became a candidate for EXILE TRIBE's upcoming group THE RAMPAGE.
After completing the group's first musha shugyo, Yamamoto went from being a candidate to an official member and made his major debut with THE RAMPAGE on January 25, 2017, with the single "Lightning".
In 2016, he made his acting debut as "Hikaru" in HiGH&LOW THE MOVIE.
During THE RAMPAGE's first tour THE RAMPAGE LIVE TOUR 2017-2018 "GO ON THE RAMPAGE" Yamamoto was introduced as a member of the group's first sub-unit alongside 4 other performers. In this sub-unit he takes on the position of a rapper, marking the first time he would provide his vocals to any work of THE RAMPAGE. The quintet made their official debut as MA55IVE THE RAMPAGE with the digital song "Determined" on February 6, 2020.
Cinema / Television
-  HiGH&LOW THE MOVIE
-  HiGH&LOW THE MOVIE 2 / END OF SKY
-  HiGH&LOW THE MOVIE 3 / FINAL MISSION
- TV Dramas
-  HiGH&LOW THE WORST EPISODE.O
- Music Video Appearances
- [2018-present] Yamasho~no Sagyoyo BGM ni Demo Dozo (やましょ～の作業用BGMにでもどうぞ。)
- Hobbies: drawing, fashion, cooking
- Specialty: Hip-Hop, streetdance, freestyle, choreography, rapping
- Catchphrase: Okayama's Technical Momotaro (岡山のテクニカル桃太郎)
- Labeled as the "brain" of THE RAMPAGE.
- Shares same first name with member Iwaya Shogo.
- A self-taught dancer and one of the few members of the group who didn't attend any EXPG prior to their debut.
- Described as a smart, dependable, mysterious and shy person that doesn't talk much with people he meets for the first time. However, he also has a mischievous side.
- He is one of the smallest members of THE RAMPAGE alongside Urakawa Shohei, Iwaya Shogo and Kamiya Kenta.
- Supports LIKIYA in creating choreographies for the group.
- Said to be in charge of composing the structure of the group's live performances.
- An indoor person.
- He used to own a dog named "MILO".
- He became interested in Hip-Hop after watching the movie 8Mile.
- He likes Mike Wazowski from Monsters Inc.