He auditioned to the EXILE PERFORMER BATTLE AUDITION (to find a new performer for EXILE) and made it to the finals, but didn't get selected. Prior to his audition, he was part of the EXPG trainee team EXILE GENERATIONS and a support member of GENERATIONS.
He was announced as a candidate for THE RAMPAGE in April 2014 and became an official member in September of the same year.
In early 2020 he formed a unit called MA55IVE THE RAMPAGE together with the members YAMASHO, Takahide, Likiya and Kenta who is focused on rap.
Urakawa Shohei was born on May 23, 1997 in Nagasaki, Japan. He has a younger sister and a younger brother.
Urakawa started dancing at the age of 2 because of his parents. He also started DJ-ing early in his childhood due to the influence of his father. When he was in the first grade of elementary school, he took part in performances of RATHER UNIQUE, a Hip-Hop unit with EXILE's MAKIDAI, USA and AKIRA. There, he was introduced as a "super kids DJ". During his time in elementary school, he became a street dancer and performed in his local area. Around this time, he was also part of the three-piece performance team "Roughnecks" (ラフネックス) and won several dance contests such as the "1st National Elementary School Street Dance Championship".
By the time he entered the upper grades of elementary school, he started to attend EXPG Fukuoka as a scholarship student, partly due to the effect of his acquaintance with EXILE. At that time, Urakawa was even treated as a solo dance performer in a commercial for EXPG.
In 2008, he appeared on the NHK's TV show Minna no Uta as a member of a team called "Crystals" (クリスタルズ) or CRYSTAL CHILDREN which was formed by the program. In the unit, he had the position of a performer. Many artists, such as TRF's CHIHARU and ETSU for example, were invited to the show which gave Urakawa the opportunity to perform with them. In 2009 and 2010 he participated in EXILE's live tours as a back-up dancer and also appeared in some of their music videos.
In early 2014, he participated in the EXILE PERFORMER BATTLE AUDITION (to find a new performer for EXILE) and made to the finals, but didn't get selected.
In April 2014, he was announced as a candidate for the upcoming EXILE TRIBE group THE RAMPAGE. After completing the group's musha shugyo, Urakawa went from being a candidate to an official member and made his major debut with THE RAMPAGE on January 25, 2017, with the single "Lightning".
- Music Video Appearances
-  Juno Mak - "Wāi"
-  EXILE - "Someday" (Kodomo Version)
-  EXILE - "24karats STAY GOLD" (KIDS & GIRLS Version)
-  GENERATIONS - "BRAVE IT OUT"
-  GENERATIONS - "ANIMAL"
-  GENERATIONS - "Love You More"
-  GENERATIONS - "HOT SHOT"
- Main article: Urakawa Shohei/Gallery
- Hobbies: fishing, ego-searching (checking social media for his name)
- Specialty: New Jack Swing, Tricking, Acrobatics, DJ-ing
- Catchphrase: The Boy Who Gave It His All (全力ぶちかまし少年)
- Mood-maker of the group.
- His father has influenced him a lot in his childhood, especially his interests and hobbies.
- There's quite a big age gap between him and his younger siblings.
- He has been friends with Fujiwara Itsuki since junior high school.
- When he was about 9 years old, he once performed with SAM from the dance and vocal group TRF in a music video for a Hong Kong artist.
- His favourite vocalist is Bruno Mars