Takechi Kaisei (武知海青) is a Japanese performer and a member of the group THE RAMPAGE.
He auditioned to the EXILE PERFORMER BATTLE AUDITION (to find a new performer for EXILE) and made to the finals, but was not selected. He was announced as a candidate for THE RAMPAGE in April 2014 and became an official member in September of the same year.
Takechi Kaisei was born on February 4, 1998, in Takarazuka (Hyogo Prefecture), Japan. He has two older sisters.
He began swimming at the age of 2 and became so successful that he competed in the Junior Olympics in swimming when he was in 5th grade. After entering high school, he continued his swimming career and was particularly known for his Butterfly stroke which was even shown on the TV program Mecha² Ike Teru ~tsu! (めちゃ²イケてるッ！) as part of a collaboration with a swimming competition.
Since his mother runs the dance school "T’s-BOX" in their hometown, he also started dancing when he was about 3 years old and by the time he was in middle school, he had won various dance contests. In his early teens, he was part of a performance team called "Radiation" which focused on contemporary dance and took part in local competitions and events such as DANCE ATTACK. Moreover, he was a member of the dance teams "AVANTI" and "Rhsmmm" too.
Takechi had been dreaming of becoming an EXILE performer since he saw the group on TV when he was in the lower grades of elementary school. Thus, he started attending EXPG Osaka and became a scholarship student later on. At the age of 16, he participated in the EXILE PERFORMER BATTLE AUDITION and was able to remain as a finalist. By the time of this audition, he had already been dancing for 13 years. Even though he wasn't able to be finish as a winner, he was selected to become a candidate for the upcoming EXILE TRIBE group THE RAMPAGE.
After completing the group's musha shugyo, Takechi went from being a candidate to an official member and made his major debut with THE RAMPAGE on January 25, 2017, with the single "Lightning".
On November 16, 2019, he took part in the Summer Style Award 2019 ROOKIE CHALLENGE CUP, a beauty and body competition to determine the best-looking man for summer in Japan, and won the first place. At the end of the year, he also participated as a contestant in the athletics-focused variety program SASUKE that aired on TBS.
On February 17, 2020, it was announced that Takechi would be one of 10 LDH members participating as torch runners in the Tokyo Olympic Torch Relay on July 23.
- Main article: Takechi Kaisei/Gallery
- Hobbies: playing video games, body-building
- Speciality: krump, contemporary dance, jazz dance, theatrical performance
- Catchphrase: Takarazuka's Marine Blue Butterfly (宝塚のマリンブルー・バタフライ)
- The second tallest member in the group.
- One of RAGPOUND members together with Kawamura Kazuma and Hasegawa Makoto.
- Close with Ryu and Suzuki Takahide.
- He's called "muscles" by the group members.
- If he had not become an artist, he would have taken over his mother's dance studio.
- Described as a forgetful and mischievous person, but also a hopeless romantic. According to the other members, he loves cheesy and romantic daydream situations.
- The only member of THE RAMPAGE with the blood type O.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 「海外のゴリゴリに鍛えたトップダンサーが僕の理想像です」｜筋肉図鑑 vol.23（〈THE RAMPAGE〉パフォーマー・武知海青）
- ↑ DANCE ATTACK!! FINAL 高校生の部【Radiation】
- ↑ THE RAMPAGE武知海青、“夏が一番似合う男”決めるボディコンテストで総合優勝
- ↑ THE RAMPAGE武知海青、“日本一夏が似合う男性”決める美ボディ大会で総合優勝＜サマー・スタイル・アワード 2019 ROOKIE CHALLENGE CUP＞
- ↑ 「SASUKE」にTHE RAMPAGEから3名出場、Snow Man岩本照も
- ↑ THE RAMPAGE陣＆浦川翔平＆武知海青が「SASUKE」初参戦！「目標はてっぺん」
- ↑ ＬＤＨ10人、東京五輪の東京都グループ聖火走者に
- ↑ ＴＨＥ ＲＡＭＰＡＧＥ 筋肉美は努力のたまもの