THE RAMPAGE is part of the collective supergroup EXILE TRIBE and is composed of 16 members. The group was formed in 2014 and the members were chosen from the EXILE PERFORMER BATTLE AUDITION, VOCAL BATTLE AUDITION 4 and GLOBAL JAPAN CHALLENGE auditions. They made their debut in January 2017 with the release of their first single "Lightning".
- 1 Members
- 2 History
- 3 Discography
- 4 Concerts/Tours
- 5 Works
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
- 8 External links
- Main article: THE RAMPAGE/Members
- Kawamura Kazuma
- Yoshino Hokuto
- LIKIYA (Leader)
- Zin (Leader)
- Kamiya Kenta
- Yonamine Rui
- Yamamoto Shogo
- Iwaya Shogo
- Urakawa Shohei
- Fujiwara Itsuki
- Takechi Kaisei
- Hasegawa Makoto
- Suzuki Takahide
- Goto Takuma
On April 11, 2014, EXILE HIRO announced the formation of a new group in EXILE TRIBE on the TV show Sukkiri!! . To select the group members, participants of the EXILE PERFORMER BATTLE AUDITION, VOCAL BATTLE AUDITION 4 and GLOBAL JAPAN CHALLENGE auditions were evaluated. Ultimately, a total of 16 participants were chosen: vocalists RIKU, Kawamura Kazuma and Yoshino Hokuto (coming from VOCAL BATTLE AUDITION 4), and performers LIKIYA, Zin, Kamiya Kenta, Yonamine Rui, Yamamoto Shogo, Iwaya Shogo, Urakawa Shohei, Fujiwara Itsuki, Takechi Kaisei (coming from EXILE PERFORMER BATTLE AUDITION, with Iwaya, Urakawa and Fujiwara being former support members for GENERATIONS from 2011 to 2013) and Hasegawa Makoto, Ryu, Suzuki Takahide and Goto Takuma (coming from GLOBAL JAPAN CHALLENGE). On September 12, all of the recruited participants were decided to become part of the final line-up. On November 16, members Zin and LIKIYA were chosen to be the leaders of the group.
Prior to their debut, the group went on their Musha Shugyo, touring the country for 2 years as part of their training. They performed for free in various places in Japan. Through these performances, they bonded as a group, improved as performers and gained fans. As part of their Musha Shugyo, the group also participated as support members in EXILE TRIBE's "EXILE TRIBE PERFECT YEAR LIVE TOUR TOWER OF WISH 2014 ~THE REVOLUTION~" dome tours and several other live tours from LDH artists in 2015 and 2016, such as EXILE THE SECOND's tour EXILE THE SECOND LIVE TOUR 2016-2017 "WILD WILD WARRIORS". In their final year of Musha Shugyo (2016), the group split up into 3 separate teams to promote and improve themselves more individually.
On September 27, 2016, LDH announced that THE RAMPAGE would be making their major debut on January 25, 2017. On October 28, it was revealed that the group's debut single would be titled "Lightning". On the same day it was also revealed that THE RAMPAGE had been signed to the record label rhythm zone.
The Rampage debuted on January 25 with their first single "Lightning", peaking at #2 on the Oricon Weekly Charts and being certified 'Gold' by the RIAJ for selling over 100.000 physical copies. In the same year, the group received their first major award at the MTV Video Music Awards Japan for their "Lightning" music video.
On November 8, The Rampage released their 4th single "100degrees". The single reached #6 on the Oricon Weekly Charts and earned the group the 'New Wave Artist Award' at the Asia Artist Awards. The group was invited to perform at the event, marking their first overseas performance in their career.
On April 25, the group released their 5th single "Fandango", followed by their 6th single "HARD HIT" on July 18. On August 13, 14, 16 and 17 the group held the final concerts of their first tour, which were titled THE RAMPAGE LIVE TOUR 2017–2018 "GO ON THE RAMPAGE" THE FINAL. On September 12, the group released their first album THE RAMPAGE. On the same day, their second tour and first arena tour named THE RAMPAGE LIVE TOUR 2019 "THROW YA FIST", that would go through 2019, was announced.
The group's 7th single "THROW YA FIST" was released on January 30, as the kickoff single for their next tour. The single also included "DOWN BY LAW" as a B-side track, which acted the opening theme song for the anime Fairy Tail and was the group's first anime opening since their debut. From February 6 to May 26, the group went on their second tour THE RAMPAGE LIVE TOUR 2019 "THROW YA FIST", which was also their first arena tour in Japan.
In June, the BATTLE OF TOKYO project started, which includes all Jr.EXILE groups. During this month those 4 groups released collaboration singles every week, until they released a full album titled "Battle of Tokyo 〜Enter the Jr.Exile〜" on July 3. Accompanying the album release, the groups held a row of live performances from July 4 to 7 with the same name.
On July 31, the group released their 8th single "WELCOME 2 PARADISE", with a music video shot at Paradise City in South Korea. The single included "Nobody" as a B-side track, being the group's first original English song.
On August 18, the group performed at Avex's summer festival a-nation for the first time.
On September 10, nearly one year after the release of their first album, it was announced that the title of their second album would be THE RIOT and that the CD/2DVD and CD/2Blu-ray versions would also include live footage of THE RAMPAGE LIVE TOUR 2019 "THROW YA FIST" concert at Saitama Super Arena. Two days later an event called THE RAMPAGE from EXILE TRIBE 5th Anniversary Special Event was held at the Metropolitan Yoyogi Park Outdoor Stage, celebrating five years since the group's formation. Shortly after, The Rampage attended the HiGH&LOW THE WORST VS THE RAMPAGE from EXILE TRIBE PREMIUM LIVE SHOW, a live event featuring the cast of the upcoming HiGH&LOW movie which gathered an audience of about 50.000 people over two days. Due to the success of this event, a similar live show was held at Yokohama Arena with DOBERMAN INFINITY as a surprise guest on December 26.
On October 2, the group released their 9th single "SWAG & PRIDE", which is also used in the TV drama HiGH&LOW THE WORST EPISODE.O. and the movie HiGH&LOW THE WORST. On October 10, the group released the music video for the title track "Move the World" to promote the release of their 2nd album on October 30.
About a month after the release of THE RIOT, it was announced that the group would release their 10th single "FULLMETAL TRIGGER" on January 15, 2020. The title track would also serve as the theme song of THE RAMPAGE LIVE TOUR 2020 "RMPG" and include the full live footage of the group's first appearance at a-nation.
On December 8, it was revealed that the group and FANTASTICS would be in charge of the special movie theme songs for the 40th anniversary project of Mobile Suit Gundam titled Gundam × KEN OKUYAMA DESIGN × LDH JAPAN "G40 Project". THE RAMPAGE's theme song "SHOW YOU THE WAY" and FANTASTICS' theme song "TO THE SKY" would both reflect the story of Mobile Suit Gundam from two different aspects. The full special movie project was released on Gundam's official YouTube channel on January 1, 2020.
After the release of their 10th single "FULLMETAL TRIGGER" on January 15 and an audio version of the THE RAMPAGE LIVE TOUR 2017-2018 "GO ON THE RAMPAGE" footage on January 31, the group started their second arena tour (and third tour in general) THE RAMPAGE LIVE TOUR 2020 "RMPG" on February 5, and planned to conclude it on May 10. On the second day of their tour, the group's sub-unit MA55IVE THE RAMPAGE released their first official digital song titled "Determined". This sub-unit had been introduced during their first tour THE RAMPAGE LIVE TOUR 2017-2018 "GO ON THE RAMPAGE" for the first time and consists of the 5 members LIKIYA, Kamiya Kenta, Yamamoto Shogo, Urakawa Shohei and Suzuki Takahide.
Due to the consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, several concerts of THE RAMPAGE's third tour had to be cancelled. As a reparation, the group held a live event with no audience that was streamed on the Japanese video service niconico on March 24. A total of over 280.000 viewers watched the broadcast which lasted about 1 hour and 45 minutes.
On September 30, the group released their 12th single "FEARS".
On October 26, the group released the song "MY PRAYER" digitally. The song was used as theme song for Koisuru❤Shuumatsu Homestay. The song was later released as their 13th single on December 9.
On February 24, the group will release their third studio album REBOOT.
- Main article: THE RAMPAGE/Discography
- [2020.01.31] THE RAMPAGE LIVE TOUR 2017-2018 "GO ON THE RAMPAGE" (digital live album)
- [2017.01.25] Lightning
- [2017.04.19] FRONTIERS
- [2017.07.19] Dirty Disco
- [2017.11.08] 100degrees
- [2018.04.25] Fandango
- [2018.07.18] HARD HIT
- [2019.01.30] THROW YA FIST
- [2019.07.31] WELCOME 2 PARADISE
- [2019.10.02] SWAG & PRIDE
- [2020.01.15] FULLMETAL TRIGGER
- [2020.04.25] INVISIBLE LOVE
- [2020.09.30] FEARS
- [2020.12.09] MY PRAYER
- [2020.10.26] MY PRAYER
Pre-released Digital Singles
- [2018.07.07] BREAKING THE ICE
- [2018.08.31] LA FIESTA
- [2018.09.05] Over
- [2018.12.28] THROW YA FIST
- [2019.01.07] Starlight
- [2019.01.13] DOWN BY LAW
- [2019.07.04] WELCOME 2 PARADISE
- [2019.07.04] SUMMER DAYS
- [2019.07.19] One More Kiss
- [2019.07.26] Nobody
- [2019.09.12] SWAG & PRIDE
- [2019.09.16] FIRED UP
- [2019.10.09] Move the World
- [2019.10.22] So Good
- [2019.12.13] FULLMETAL TRIGGER
- [2020.03.20] INVISIBLE LOVE
- [2020.08.19] FEARS
- [2020.11.25] ESCAPE
- [2016.06.15] Various Artists - HiGH&LOW ORIGINAL BEST ALBUM (disc 2 #6 "Unbreakable" (GENERATIONS vs THE RAMPAGE), disc 2 #7 "FIND A WAY")
- [2017.12.01-2018.08.17] THE RAMPAGE LIVE TOUR 2017-2018 "GO ON THE RAMPAGE"
- [2019.02.06-2019.05.26] THE RAMPAGE LIVE TOUR 2019 "THROW YA FIST"
- [2020.02.05-2020.02.24] THE RAMPAGE LIVE TOUR 2020 "RMPG"
- Online Concerts
- [2020.07.08] LIVE×ONLINE "THE RAMPAGE"
- [2020.09.19] LIVE×ONLINE IMAGINATION "THE RAMPAGE"
- [2020.12.22] LIVE×ONLINE BEYOND THE BORDER "THE RAMPAGE"
- Concerts Featured In
- [2016.07.22-2016.10.03] HiGH&LOW THE LIVE
- [2019.07.04-2019.07.07] BATTLE OF TOKYO ~ENTER THE Jr.EXILE~
- [2019.12.31] LDH PERFECT YEAR 2020 COUNTDOWN LIVE 2019▶︎2020 "RISING"
- [2020.09.27] LIVE×ONLINE PREMIUM LIVE EXILE TRAIN
- [2020.10.30] LIVE×ONLINE INFINITY "Trick or Treat!! R.F.B. Halloween Party!!"
- [2020.12.31] LIVE×ONLINE COUNTDOWN 2020▶︎2021 "RISING SUN TO THE WORLD"
- [2021.01.28-2021.02.28] EXILE TRIBE LIVE TOUR 2021 RISING SUN TO THE WORLD
- Concerts Featured as Support Act
- [2014.06] EXILE TRIBE PERFECT YEAR 2014 SPECIAL STAGE "THE SURVIVAL" IN SAITAMA SUPER ARENA 10DAYS
- [2014.09-2014.12] EXILE TRIBE PERFECT YEAR LIVE TOUR TOWER OF WISH 2014 ~THE REVOLUTION~
- [2015.05-2015.10] Sandaime J Soul Brothers LIVE TOUR 2015 "BLUE PLANET"
- [2015.09-2015.12] EXILE LIVE TOUR 2015 "AMAZING WORLD"
- [2016.10-2017.05] EXILE THE SECOND LIVE TOUR 2016-2017 "WILD WILD WARRIORS"
-  Night Hero NAOTO (episodes 1 and 6)
- Digital Shows
- [2018.08-2018.10] Teppen Toruzo THE RAMPAGE
- [2018.11-2019.03] Teppen Toruzo THE RAMPAGE Season 2
- Radio Shows
- [2017.10.06-present] WEEKEND THE RAMPAGE (RIKU and Zin)
- [2019.01.07-present] RMPG DOPE STATION
- Music Video Appearances
-  EXILE THE SECOND - "One Time One Life"
-  EXILE THE SECOND - "YEAH!! YEAH!! YEAH!!"
-  EXILE THE SECOND - "Shut up!! Shut up!! Shut up!!"
-  EXILE THE SECOND - "WILD WILD WILD"
- Main article: THE RAMPAGE/Gallery
- EXPG Diary Page 10
- EXPG Diary Vol.51 Page 5
- THE RAMPAGE、初のアニメテーマ曲は『FAIRY TAIL』OP「心から光栄」
- THE RAMPAGE、初アニメタイアップは「FAIRY TAIL」新OPテーマ
- THE RAMPAGEトークショー、新曲をLINE MUSICでたくさん聴いた100名を招待
- THE RAMPAGE、たまアリ公演より「THROW YA FIST」ライブ映像公開
- THE RAMPAGE、1万人と過ごした結成5周年記念日に吉野北人が大人の階段登る
- THE RAMPAGE「HiGH&LOW」の世界をライブで表現、数原龍友も登場
- THE RAMPAGE×HiGH&LOWライブ大盛況、川村壱馬「引き続き全員で戦っていきたい」
- THE RAMPAGE「SWAG & PRIDE」MVで「HiGH&LOW THE WORST」とコラボ
- THE RAMPAGE、結成5年の軌跡と決意感じさせる「Move the World」MV
- THE RAMPAGE「a-nation」パフォーマンス映像公開
- Gundam 4th x LDH JAPAN
- 機動戦士ガンダム40周年記念 ガンダム×KEN OKUYAMA DESIGN×LDH JAPAN“G40プロジェクト”PV：ジオン編
- Audio of THE RAMPAGE from EXILE TRIBE's first nationwide hall tour "THE RAMPAGE LIVE TOUR 2017-2018 GO ON THE RAMPAGE" released on digital music services!
- THE RAMPAGE from EXILE TRIBE派生ユニット「MA55IVE THE RAMPAGE -マッシブ ザ ランペイジ-」『Determined』2/6(木)配信限定リリース！
- THE RAMPAGE派生ユニット・MA55IVE THE RAMPAGEが初の音源リリース
- THE RAMPAGE「INVISIBLE LOVE」MVで妖艶なダンス、吉野北人と藤原樹は大粒の涙
- ＴＨＥ ＲＡＭＰＡＧＥ無観客ライブイベント生配信