Ata Ryutaro (阿多龍太郎), better known by his stage name Ryu (龍), is a Japanese performer and actor. He's a member of the group THE RAMPAGE.
He participated in the GLOBAL JAPAN CHALLENGE, but didn't get selected. He was announced as a member of THE RAMPAGE in April 2014.
Ata Ryutaro was born on September 9, 1998, in Tokyo, Japan. He is Japanese-Pinoy.
He became interested in dancing when he was in elementary school and started attending EXPG Tokyo. There, he met Suzuki Takahide and they became good friends. When he reached junior high school, he became a scholarship student at EXPG.
In 2013, Ata participated in the GLOBAL JAPAN CHALLENGE to become part pf PROJECT TARO but was disqualified during the final examination in December. On April 11, 2014, he was announced as a candidate for EXILE TRIBE's upcoming group THE RAMPAGE. He took on the stage name "Ryu" after completing the group's first musha shugyo and becoming an official member on September 12 in the same year. Ryu made his major debut with THE RAMPAGE on January 25, 2017, with the single "Lightning".
In 2016, he made his acting debut as "Shiba-man" in HiGH&LOW THE MOVIE.
Cinema / Television
- Main article: Ryu/Gallery
- Hobbies: Collecting accessories, fashion, music, darts
- Specialty: Hip-Hop, freestyle
- Catchphrase: The Youngest Big House Boy (最年少のビッグハウス・ボーイ)
- Described as a very shy and sweet guy.
- His members call him "Big Baby" (大きい赤ちゃん).
- Tallest member of the group.
- He was a model for the Japanese magazine nicola when he was 13 years old.
- He has a childhood friendship with fellow member Suzuki Takahide.
- Was classmates with Japanese rapper Chanmina. She sat next to him in school.